Five tips for couples who are planning their wedding
1. Start early: Give yourselves plenty of time to plan, research, choose vendors, and make decisions, as wedding planning (especially a destination wedding) is overwhelming. But it is all worth it in the end.
2. Stay true to yourselves: Infuse your personalities into your wedding details and don't be afraid to politely decline any suggestions your planners may have that don't correlate to your vision. It will make the celebration a genuine reflection of your love story. It's your day.
3. Consider your guests: As we had family and friends travel from all around the world, our aim was to ensure their comfort and enjoyment throughout the weekend.
4. Take a moment with your husband: So many friends had warned us about how quickly the wedding day flashes by and how they didn't get to spend any time together on the day. Now I understand why. The only time I had with Tom was during our photo session on a private boat. I wish we had a few more moments to ourselves just to relish in the day.
5. Trust your people: Everyone kept telling me how calm I was. All the preparation from two years of planning and the buildup to the weekend seemed to vanish in an instant once we arrived in Lake Como. A great deal of effort went into researching and choosing our vendors, and we really put all of our trust in them when the time came.